Thursday, April 30, 2009

Nature, poetry and passion

Douglas Fir branches are swaying gently, the wind is happy and merely tickling. Blossoms are bursting into delicate pink life and the grass is reaching towards the sun, taller by the moment. The green cushion I'm resting my body on feels more comforting than being inside my parent's home where I am residing for the time being. Days have been melting into weeks which I experience like tachycardia. Heartbeats too fast to be considered medically normal. The months have flown by.

Willamette Pass has closed for the season and I am still laid off from the grocery store. This unexpected break has given me time to slack, slow down and enjoy the simpler things in life. Friendships, good company, live music, strawberries, fishing. I feel almost sinfully indulgent.

A brief overview of what I have been doing for the last few months in no specific order:

Working at the Pass

Snowboarding

Mysteriously contracting poison oak blisters

A fun and spendy trip to Reno and Lake Tahoe with great friends and lively coworkers

A little bit of snowmobiling

Fishing

Having girl nights

Volunteer for the station as usual

Making friends

Dating

Connecting with old friends

Moving

Eating good food at new restaurants

Loving every moment of it


New goals:

Learn to play hand drums

Find a job

Explore more

Hiking

Some biking

Move

Write poetry



And I have included some pictures!
Ok or not! I will put some up later
More posts to come soon!

No comments: